Backcountry travel in winter is already hard enough with all the extra gear and layers, and a bulky mountaineering tent just makes it that much more difficult. Understanding this, MSR designed the Access 2 Tent: 2-Person 4-Season to be lighter than traditional mountaineering tents, yet still warmer and more protective than backpacking tents.
The unique central support frame optimizes interior space to fit all your gear while resisting snow loading so middle-of-the-night storms don't catch you off guard. And since there's less stuff you have to deal with using frozen fingers, the unified frame is also easier to set up in cold conditions. Tough and lightweight Easton Syclone poles resist breaking, and two doors mean you don't have to crawl over your partner for a midnight bathroom break.
- Ultralight Warmth: Limited mesh on the tent body keeps in all that hard-earned warmth on cold nights, while the tent’s light design keeps you nimble while on the move.
- Easton® Syclone™ Poles: Cutting-edge composite materials resist breaking in challenging winter conditions.
- Robust Frame: Central-support frame optimizes interior space and resists snow loading.
- Quick Setup: Perfect for cold environments.
- Additional Features: DuraShield™-coated fabrics and taped bathtub floor; one door; one internal pocket; multiple guy points.
- Canopy Material: 20D nylon ripstop, 10D polyester mesh
- Rain Fly Material: 20D nylon ripstop, DuraShield PU/silicone coating (1200mm)
- Floor Material: 30D nylon ripstop, DuraShield PU/silicone coating (3000mm), DWR treatment
- Capacity: 2 Person
- Season: 4 Season
- Wall Type: Double Wall
- Freestanding: Yes
- Poles: 2 Easton Syclone
- Doors: 2
- Vestibules: 2
- Vestibule Space: 1.61 m2
- Interior Height: 107 cm
- Floor Dimensions: 210cm x 127 cm
- Floor Space: 2.69 m2
- Weight: 1640 g